Project Assistant - GIZ Bangladesh
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||26 November, 2022|
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work to shaping a future worth living around the world.
As a public-benefit Federal Government organisation, GIZ supports the German Government, particularly the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) implementing development projects. In Bangladesh, GIZ is implementing the technical cooperation projects in the areas of energy, climate change, textile, human rights under the bilateral agreement, signed on 15 July 1972 between the Bangladesh and German Governments.
For the team of our "Improved Coordination of International Climate Finance, ICICF", we seek applications from suitable candidates for the position of "Project Assistant".
Job Location: Dhaka with field visit
Contract Duration till: May 2023
Number of Position: 01
The position holder is responsible for:
- managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior,
- assisting project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups,
- support supervisor on all tasks when implementing GIZ rules and regulations,
- support supervisor in the field of project's planning, steering and monitoring,
- take part in decisions that have a short-term effect within a limited project area/ unit,
- assist supervisor to identify day to day problems and suggesting appropriate solutions
B. Tasks (Main Job Role & Specific Job Role)
The position holder
- communicates with government partner, key national and local stakeholders coherently as discussed and agreed among the team members of the project,
- coordinates with the other team members of the project whose working focus lies on aspects different from this position,
- supports in formulating terms of references, supports in supervising third parties in the course of carrying out project activities and evaluates their performance.
The position holder
- supports in the organization of workshops, seminars, events trainings of the project
- supports in material preparation and dissemination, rapporteuring, communication with the relevant vendors and consultants
- communicates and follow-up with the invitees and participants
- provides logistic support for events including arrangement of venue, catering, IT requirements
- support in the dissemination of information and outputs of trainings, workshops and meetings organized by the project to both internal and external stakeholders
- supports in travel arrangement of project staffs and partners
The position holder
- supports other staff in the preparation of draft concept notes, terms of reference, papers, report writing and reviewing, recording meeting proceedings and other project documents,
- research on different policies related to Climate Change and SDGs,
- prepares briefs for the technical advisors, as required,
- supports data collection and analysis of the collected data for project studies
Communication and Knowledge Management
The position holder
- supports in preparing and updating communication materials for the project including factsheets, articles, news updates, official correspondence/letters for internal and external audiences,
- maintains liaison with the responsible person/s for public relations to make sure that project-level communication materials are prepared and published in time ensuring quality,
- communicates with vendors for ensuing quality and GIZ rules and regulations,
- collects and archives both physical and electronic copies of all publications and knowledge products of the project (including letters, meeting minutes, reports, photos, videos, etc.) by maintaining a filing system
Other duties/additional tasks
- further specific tasks may be discussed and agreed upon with the AV,
- gathers updated information on climate change adaptation and sustainable urban development regularly,
- contribute towards PR, gender equality and diversity concerns to address at appropriate levels
- participates in working groups on cluster lever and on the country level.
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- university degree in urban planning, climate change, geography, environmental studies, social or natural science, engineering, or another relevant field
- at least 1 (one) year of professional experience in bi-lateral/multi-lateral development agency, recognized (inter) national NGO, research/academic organizations, etc
Other knowledge, additional competences
- ability to work well under pressure,
- excellent presentation skills,
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- fluency in English is important,
- familiarity with development cooperation,
- ability to work in an intercultural environment,
- good working knowledge on ICT (phone, fax, email, the internet and computer applications e.g. MS Office), data management and GIS skills will be an advantage,
- sensitivity, discrete and flexible to respond to changing needs.
- willingness and readiness to travel frequently at the partner cities
We only accept electronic applications. If you meet the above requirements, you can apply through the link below.
From 24.11.2022 starting at 17:30 until 28.11.2022 latest at 17:00 our server will be down for maintenance. So, please, ignore the mentioned time slot for your application. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Last Date of Application: 26 November 2022
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated according to the merit and with strict confidentiality