Program Organizer - Ain o Salish Kendra
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Cox's Bazar|
|Deadline||20 March, 2023|
Position: Program Organizer
Project: YouthRise Project
Number of Position(s): 01 (One)
Position Type: Full Time
Duration of the contract: As per Project
Duty Station: Teknaf, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Reportable to: Project Coordinator
About Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK):
Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK) was established in 1986 as a national legal aid and human rights organization. Initially its work was limited to providing free legal services to the disempowered particularly women, working children and workers in Dhaka city. But over the last thirty-three years, ASK has evolved a more comprehensive approach to the promotion, protection and prevention in the area of legal and human rights. ASK's strategies to promote human rights awareness and community activism; offer legal aid through mediation and litigation while survivors are given psycho-social counseling; investigations into human rights violations and their documentation are supplemented by research which together lead to media campaigns to defend human rights, and public interest litigation for law and policy reform. ASK has implemented different projects in Cox's Bazar and is currently working for promoting women's participation in peace building and social cohesion among Rohingya and host community.
YouthRise Project Goal: Communities affected by the Rohingya crisis in Cox's Bazar district benefit from reduced conflict and violence (including GBV).
YouthRise Project Objective: Young people are more resilient to impacts of conflict, more frequently resolve local conflicts in peaceful and non-violent ways and are less likely to be involved in violence.
- Implementation of the project activities in communication with beneficiaries, community stakeholders at field level
- Work closely with project team, and ASK management for ensuring smooth coordination
- Perform filed work for implement the project components and activities in line with project design
- Smooth working relation with the donor, local leaders, NGOs, local government bodies and other stakeholders.
- Follow the direction of the organization and any other official instruction by the senior management.
- Responsible for gathering data from field sources and inform update on challenges, lesson learns and risk related to community engagement and resilience.
- Prepare field activity report as rewired line manager, M&E, and the organizational management
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as and when required and assigned by the authority.
Qualifications Required: Bachelor's degree in social science with at least 2 years of working experience. Applicants who have Master's degree in social science will get preference. Local people who can speak and understand local language will be an added advantage. 1 years' experience on community mobilization for host community volunteers and 1 year's on community mobilization in respective camp. Preference will be given to the applicant who have working experience on GBV field and have computer literacy.
Age limit: Age at most 40 years
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only female candidates will be eligible for the position
- Education qualification may be relaxed for the candidates with prior Experience in relevant field.
- Local candidates will be given preference
Salary: Consolidated monthly salary taka 35,000/-. Festival allowance will be applicable as per policy.
Reference: 2 (Two) References
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter addressing Executive Director of Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK), 2/16, Block - B, Lalmatia, Dhaka, through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Procedures : Email only. Please mention position name in the subject of email.
"Female candidates are encouraged to apply". Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application Deadline: 20 March 2023