Field Facilitator | International Development Enterprises (iDE)
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Location||Not Specified|
|Deadline||25 November, 2023|
iDE is an international NGO with over 40 years of experience in designing and delivering market-based anti-poverty programs in 11 countries. We are a world leader in making markets work for the poor as well as the longest-established market development specialist NGO in Bangladesh. iDE seeks a qualified Field Facilitator for the SanMarkS II Project. The goal of the project is to increase access to sanitation facilities in Bangladesh using iDE's systems-based approach to sanitation. The SanMarkS II project, implemented by iDE Bangladesh will enable at least 1.2 million poor and disadvantaged people in 35 districts to gain access to improved latrines. The Project envisions to achieve this by conducting different implementation activities which engage, build capacity and help establish commercial linkage of sanitation value chain actors.
The incumbent of this role will be responsible for supporting specific aspects of the SanMarkS II Project, with its work with building capacity of Latrine Entrepreneurs in adopting improved technology and making improved latrines available to rural communities in areas where the Project is currently working. The incumbent of this role will mainly be responsible for supporting Project team in identifying Latrine Entrepreneurs, supporting in their capacity development using Project prescribed Latrine entrepreneur capacity development approach as well as recording progress of Latrine entrepreneurs in recording.
iDE is currently seeking Field Facilitator(s) to implement the projects activities, monitoring and ensure data collection which is currently being implemented. The position extensively supports the Latrine producers and market promotion Specifically, Data Collection, Data Entry, Reporting, Survey and support to organize DIP activities in the field, documentation, reporting, check and verification.
Number of Position: 02 ( two)
Job Location: Bogura-1, Habiganj-1 (Employee may be responsible to work in other assigned Upazilas of Habiganj and Bogura district as per the Project Demand)
Nature of Employment: Daily Basis
Contract duration: December 2023 to May 2024 (6 months)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Field Facilitator include but are not limited to the descriptions below-
Identification and Capacity development (30%)
- Participate in scouting or on field assessment by Project team to identify Latrine entrepreneurs considered the right profile for being supported by the Project
- Support Project team in identifying, onboarding and beginning engaging with Latrine entrepreneurs.
- Support team in providing training to Latrine entrepreneurs comprising of relevant training topics for improved Sanitation technology, public-private linkage and record keeping
On job coaching, monitoring and follow up support to Latrine Entrepreneurs (50%)
- Based on Latrine Entrepreneurs allocated by Field team leader, the incumbent of this role needs to plan daily visits to Latrine Entrepreneur centers. While at the Center, the staff must follow up, provide monitoring and guidance to Latrine Entrepreneurs regarding improved latrine technology in a gradual manner
- Identify if Latrine Entrepreneurs are effectively linked with Dealers of suppliers of improved latrines, immediately reporting any challenges in accessing supply
- Collect progress of sales of improved latrines reported among latrine entrepreneurs
- Support to other program activities as per requirement
Reporting (20% of role)
- Utilizing relevant database, enter sales records with support and guidance of relevant staff members
Required Competencies: Successful candidate will have the following skills and expertise
Education: Bachelor in any subject from a recognized University; Business Administration/ Development Studies/Agriculture/ WASH Technology is preferable.
Work Experience: 1-2 years experience in the WASH sector will get preference. Fresh Graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with WASH sector and Rural Context of Bangladesh
- Able to work independently, leveraging support from relevant team members.
- Ability to develop working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Learning attitude and keen to understand requirements
- Good communication skills in Bangla with local entrepreneurs and community
- Willing to travel as per requirement to field areas
- User of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and usage of Email software and Windows OS
- Inhabitants of concern program areas will get preference
- Experience and knowledge in WASH sector of Bangladesh will be an advantage but not a necessity
- Understanding of rural context, markets and local requirements will be required
- Prepared to undertake frequent field visits and extensive travel by using local Transport.
- She/he has to follow iDE rules and regulations,
- Will have to be available for agreed dates and assignments
- Candidates from Habiganj and Bogura would be preferred
- Candidates having own Motorbike with Valid Driving License and personal Laptop / Desktop would be preferred
Application Process: Interested applicants are requested to submit their recent detailed CV by mentioning the following information 1. Present & Permanent address, 2. Last status of Education, 3. Expected monthly remuneration,
Please mark the subject line the position you applied for. Only short-listed and qualified candidates will be notified.
Application Deadline: 25 November, 2023
Women are actively encouraged to apply.
iDE provides a women friendly work environment with flexible work arrangements, appropriate skill development opportunities and good career development potential for high performing individuals. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employee selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.