Communication Officer - NRC
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Deadline||12 April, 2021|
Our Ideal Candidate
NRC is now seeking an experienced communications expert to provide support to NRC's internal and external communications and advocacy work.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Support the provision of high-quality analysis on the humanitarian situation pertaining to displacement-affected, contributing to improved NRC programmatic response and informing internal and external advocacy products. Including products: briefings, donor-focused messages and other written materials for internal and external use, ensuring strong evidence-base in messaging and following agreed sign-off procedures (minimum one per month)
- Support drafting of NRC Bangladesh messages, information sharing, and development of advocacy products for Asian Displacement Solutions Platform (ADSP)
- Participate in the NRC Country Office advocacy strategy as necessary, and support delivering necessary reports, documents, and other key messages.
- Support the administrative and facilitation of briefing sessions, workshops and presentations within Bangladesh
Key Education and Skills Requirements
- University degree with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of issues related to forced displacement and protection
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the international humanitarian system
- Documented/proven results related to the position's responsibilities, particularly in drafting of messages, coordination and networking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of refugee and internal displacement relevant to the Bangladesh context
We welcome applications from qualified and interested candidates, particularly local candidates, from the Cox's Bazar area. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contract period: 12 months
Duty Station: Dhaka and Cox's Bazar
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary and allowances as per NRC's salary scale, medical allowance, festival bonus, and annual leave, gratuity.