Interior design and decor experts spill the beans on trends for 2023 in the context of office patterns and aesthetics
Office design trends evolve with time and with external factors as well, where the use of background patterns and textures can play an important role in creating a unique and inspiring workspace, which is what every client wants. An office is a place where we command ourselves to be committed and focused and to bring out our full potential to be the best, and after all the hustle we do, positivity and relaxation are what we expect from our workplace.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Kunal Sharma, founder and CEO of Flipspaces, suggested some of the top trendsetting background patterns and textures that are currently being used in office design -
- Geometric patterns: geometric patterns, such as triangles, hexagons, and chevron stripes, apart from other shapes, are popular in modern office design. The reason for this is that these patterns can be used both on walls, floors and even furniture to create a space that is dynamic and visually interesting.
- Natural textures: Incorporating natural textures, such as wood, stone as well as greenery, adds warmth and a sense of calm to an office workspace. Wood panelling, exposed brick walls, and potted plants are also popular options amongst designers for their design of office spaces.
- Bold graphics: Bold graphics, such as large-scale murals and typography add a pop of colour and an overall personality to an office space. This trend is particularly popular in tech and creative industries as per what the design briefs are.
- Minimalism: Minimalist design is a popular trend in office design, characterized by clean lines, neutral colours, and simple geometric shapes. This style can create a sense of order and focus in a workspace.
- Metallic accents: Metallic accents, such as copper, brass, chrome and gold, are all popular in a modern office design. These accents can be used in various ways such as light fixtures, furniture and accessories to create a sleek and sophisticated look.
Bringing his expertise to the same, Govind Dhawan, Founder of Elite Spaces, recommended, "Our offices should be designed in a way that each wall background should equally give us a feeling of focus and relaxation.
In my opinion, installing live walls is another method for enhancing walls and adding a softer touch. These indoor gardens transform indoor office plants from potted ficus trees in corners into decorative accents for individual areas. Green walls complement biophilic office architecture and are ideal for spaces without windows that look out onto greenery. The addition of colour to workspaces using wallcoverings can increase the visual appeal of a room and boost employee morale, whether utilising a single colour, corporate image or green wall."
According to him, other following up trends for 2023 in the context of office patterns and aesthetics are :
- Geometric patterns
- Landscape scenery
- Abstract shapes
- Elegant prints
- Floral patterns
- Bold colours and prints
- Faux texture
He concluded, "Modern offices are supposed to be a combination of coworking spaces, hot desks, use of colour psychology, natural and eco-friendly elements, ergonomic furniture, integrated technology, modern decor (like artful light fixtures or attractive wall coverings), recreational and lounge spaces (nap rooms are also an emerging trend), lots of natural light and a homey feel."